Mimpex Mould, China here introduces some basic maintenance knowledge of plastics moulds.
- Backup each mould's molding parameters, plastic material' model, thus next times mould could be run smoothly shortly after startup.
- Measure plastic parts' sizes and check appearances, which are made during mould's normal production status, thus you could find if there are defects on mould and stop further damages.
- Pay attention to ejector pins, guiding parts which insure mould's open/close/eject, adopt most suitable lubricant for ejector pins, guide columns. And check if ejector pins and guide columns have distortions and surface damages.
- After each batch production, add professional antirust oil onto mould's working surfaces, moving & guiding parts; especially protect gears, chains, springs for good status; clean water loops' scaliness, rust, sludge and algae to improve heat exchange rate.
- After each batch production, inspect mould's all heaters like belt type heater, rod type heater, heating probe and thermocouple with ohmmeter to see if they are working well.
- After each batch production, use copper rod, copper wire and professional mould cleaning agent to remove injection residuals and others deposits, then let it dry in air. Do not use iron wire or steel wire to clean moulds, such hard metal will damage moulds' surfaces.
In one sentence, a mould with good maintainence could shorten mould assembly time & trial running time, reduce malfunctions, keep stable production, insure plastic parts' quality, reduce rejected rate, low production cost and enlong mould service life.